Wimbleball Lake, Exmoor; a vast expanse of inland sheltered water, perfect for all watersports, all season training, land and water-based events, schools and youth groups and all round family fun.
POSTCODE - TA22 9NU
Outdoor + Active Centre:
The Centre is now open 5 days a week from 9.00am - 5.00pm (These can be extended on request).
Monday: 9:00 – 17:00
Tuesday: 9:00 – 17:00
Friday: 9:00 – 17:00
Saturday: 9:00 – 17:00
Sunday: 9:00 – 17:00
***ALL THESE DATES AVAILABLE ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT - WE WILL UPDATE THE WEBSITE IF WE NEED TO APPLY ANY RESTRICTIONS***
Café Opening Times: The cafe is now open 5 days (Closed Tuesday's and Wednesday's) 10.30am - 4.00pm until November then weekends only through November but will be Closed Saturday 21st November.
PLEASE NOTE - It is ESSENTIAL that visitors to Wimbleball contact the centre prior to travelling to check weather and availability of safety cover as times vary during term time. It is also essential that you contact the centre prior to travelling to check hire is still running as occasionally we have large group bookings.
- Senior sailing - Mondays 10.30 - 12.30 (Starting Monday 4th May 2015) Must be level 1 qualified or have some sailing experience. It will be a session for you to experience sailing different boats and getting hints and tips to improve your sailing from a qualified instructor
- Friday Social - 6.00 - 8.00pm (Starting Friday 1st May 2015) A chance to have a go at some new watersports with some hints and tips from a qualified instructor. Bring as many friends as you like and make new friends in a relaxed environment while everyone is having a great time on the water. For age 16 and above. Why not make a night of it as a group and we will provide a barbecue if you bring some food and beverages to round off the evening
- Junior watersports club - Saturdays 10.30 - 12.30 (Starting Saturday 9th May) Why not come and have a go at a range of activities from kayaking, canoeing, sailing, windsurfing and paddleboarding. Activities will change on a fortnightly basis between paddle sports and sail sports starting with paddle sports on the 9th May.
What to bring?
You will require:
- a towel,
- swimming costume,
- trainers or wetsuit boots (suitable to get wet in),
- sunhat or woolly hat,
- warm jacket,
- a drink and a packed lunch (if appropriate).
Wetsuits and buoyancy aids are included in tuition prices or you may wish to bring your own.
For further information
Telephone: 01398 371460
Outdoor + Active Wimbleball,
Wimbleball Activities Centre,
Dulverton, Somerset, TA22 9NU