Volunteering can bring you a sense of belonging and open up a whole new world. At the same time you can benefit the environment, sport or recreation and become involved with other local people.
We are always pleased to receive help from volunteers. If you have some spare time and would like to learn a new skill, or have a skill you can pass on to others, we're keen to hear from you. Activities that might appeal include:
• scrub management
• stone wall building
• pond management and renovation
• footpath and boardwalk construction and maintenance
• assisting at a Visitor Centre
• manning the exhibition caravan at local shows
• monitoring wildlife - birds, bats, moths, dormice and amphibians
• helping with school groups
• giving talks to organisations and societies
• assisting with watersports instruction.
We value the work of our volunteers highly and hold an annual Volunteers Awards Event which recognises outstanding contribution and provides an enjoyable social event for everyone involved.
Please contact Chris Hall who will tell you more about current volunteering projects that might appeal to you.
Tel: 01647 277587 or email: email@example.com
NB We do arrange for a free CRB check for volunteers who are working with children or vulnerable adults
Alternatively you could become a Friend of South West Lakes Trust.