South West Lakes Trust was established as a charity in April 2000, to manage, provide and promote public access, recreation, and conservation on and around inland waters in the South West of England.
Around 2 million visits are made to sites managed by the Trust each year, many by visitors who come from outside the region.
South West Lakes Trust operates in the counties of Devon, Cornwall and Somerset and divides its work between charitable, administrative and trading activities as follows:Charitable
• Countryside Service
• Public access
• Conservation and management of forestry and land at fifty locations covering 5,000 hectares of land.
• Central support in administration, marketing, finance, development and planning.
• Fisheries - 14 game & 14 coarse
• Land and Water Based Activities - 5 Outdoor + Active Centres
• Catering, Functions and Gifts
Current and Recent Projects
We work with partners such as the Forestry Commission, South West Tourism, County Sports Partnerships and sports bodies to deliver new projects in the areas of leisure activities and conservation.
A few projects are supported outright by South West Lakes Trust as a charity, but in most cases we seek additional, outside funding or support from volunteers for projects meeting our charitable objectives.
Click here for more information